From Thompson, North Dakota, Scott J. Landa (firstname.lastname@example.org) graduated cum laude from the University of North Dakota in 1987, with a degree in History, and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of North Dakota in 1990. Scott is licensed to practice in the State of North Dakota, the United State District Court for the District of North Dakota and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Scott is a past President of the University of North Dakota School of Law Moot Court Association. He was also named to the Order of the Barristers. Scott was a Myra Foundation Scholar and served as a law clerk for the North Dakota Supreme Court in 1990-1991.
He is a current member of DRI, North Dakota Defense Lawyers Association, North Dakota State Bar Association and the Grand Forks County Bar Association. Scott is a past President of St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church and a past President of the Thompson Education Endowment Foundation. He currently serves as a member of a municipal assessment commission and a technical education advisory committee and has previously served as a confirmation instructor and youth basketball coach
Areas of Practice
- Olson v. Alerus Financial Corp., 2015 ND 209
- Bloomquist v. The Goose River Bank, 2013 ND 154, 836 N.W.2d 450
- EVI Columbus, LLC v. Lamb, 2012 ND 141, 818 N.W.2d 724
- Working Capital #1, LLC v. Quality Auto Body, Inc., 2012 ND 115, 817 N.W.2d 346
- Tibert v. City of Minto, 2004 ND 97, 679 N.W.2d 440
- Tibert v. Minto Grain, 2004 ND 133, 682 N.W.2d 294
- Gullickson v. Torkelson Brothers, Inc., 1999 ND 155, 598 N.W.2d 503
- Isaac v. State Farm, 547 N.W.2d 548 (N.D. 1996)